Procedure and Protocol for FBASA 2022-23
To all of our FBASA members: Thank you for your patience and support as we move closer to the start of Fall 2022. Below are the new guidelines. We request and encourage all our players and coaches to abide by it. The following rules must be observed by all participants returning to fields:
- Prior to leaving the house, each player should have their temperature taken to ensure it is normal. If for any reason it is elevated, the player must remain at home until it is normal.
- Participants and staff need to be screened before attending the event or practice for new or worsening symptoms of COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish with a temperature higher than 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Know close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19
- We have eliminated the hand-shaking procedure before the start of the games.
- We will implement a no sliding tackle rule to avoid extra physical contact. This rule may change back again in the fall season if state rules change.
- Players on the bench should maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- There will be no water sharing or communal water containers at the fields.
- Consumption of food when in the fields is not recommended.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap for 20-seconds, and/or apply hand sanitizer before the start of the games.
- Have bottles of hand sanitizer available at the fields.
- Recommended that all players wear face-masks while on the fields. Each face-mask must be clearly labeled with the player’s name (first and last).
- All water bottles and drinks should be clearly marked and only consumed by the player. Do not share water bottles.
- Recommended to wash, sanitize the equipment before and after each game with antibacterial wipes/soap and/or spray.
- If possible try to avoid extra physical contact while playing, as well as maintaining the proper distance.
- Only players should be present in the fields. Keep your family members and friends at home.
- No spectators prior to June 15th.
- All players and participants are playing at their own risk.
- Spectators if any after June 15th should not be in groups larger than 6 individuals. Maintain the 6 feet distance and avoid person to person contact.
- Avoid contact with any older person at the park. Do not share food, water, phones,or utensils.
- Due to enhanced risks of spreading COVID-19, avoid contact with any older person for at least 14 days after participating in a sporting event or practice.
AMATEUR ATHLETIC WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
READ BEFORE RETURNING TO PLAY
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in FBASA athletic sports program, related events and activities, the participant player acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risks of injury and illness (ex: communicable diseases such as MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19) from the activities involved in this program are significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and illness do exist; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS FBASA, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY RECEIVING THIS DOCUMENT.
This list is in no way meant to be a comprehensive list of all the policies, procedures, restrictions, requirements, or rules that should be adhered to in connection with the COVID-19 situation. Everyone is encouraged to use their best judgment and discretion in dealing with situations impacting them.
These are unprecedented times and each family must make the decision for themselves to return to games. We fully and completely respect your rights and encourage you to speak to any of our directors if you have any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and healthy.